Subject: Re: LKM colorkit
To: Christophe Pedretti <cpedretti@ptc.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/1997 13:12:49
>   for the first time, i have installed netbsd
> on a macIIvx a few days ago. Now, X-windows
> is running but i would like a color X-windows.

The first question is, are you using a color
video card or internal video. If you're using the
latter, then the Colorkit-LKM won't help. You have
to wait for my first batch of INTVIDTEST2 kernels.
Luckily for you, I have a IIvx so it will likely
have the most support on the first release.

Status? Still working on it. :( It's been a long
time since I announced I was starting. It's not
because of lack of tech docs or tools or whatever,
simply a lack of time. I have everything I need
and I've slowly been putting together a generalized
driver for most machines. It's about 75% there but
I'm a grad CS student and I have to devote alot of
time to my courses. I thought I'd have more time
over the summer but an intense 5 week Java course
dashed those ideas :)

Hang in there. I had an early hack of a test kernel
and the IIvx performed pretty well under color X.

Thanks for your patience.