Subject: Will it work
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Kullman <mkullman@community.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/20/1997 21:21:06
As the NetBSD home page and FAQ suggest I downloaded the booter and a
kernel Generic-32 I tried to boot by going into the booting options and
setting Mac OS and putting in the name of the kernel. Also the default scsi
is 2 but I know my hard drive is 0 so I set it to zero. Oh yeah all of this
is on a power book 520c. I get the following error message This kernel is
not in a format that the booter can execute. Is this the wrong kernel? Did
I ftp the wrong way (I tried with an automatic setting and a binary
setting)??? Any ideas?? TIA

Where humor is concerned there are no standards -- no one can say what
is good or bad, although you can be sure that everyone will.
                -- John Kenneth Galbraith