Subject: Re: Transfer from Mac to UNIX partition
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/20/1997 22:06:07
Hi,

To copy files between your Mac partition and UNIX partition, you can do
one of two things.  Under MacOS use the Installer.  Install hfsutils and
"mount" your Mac partition under NetBSD. I am using the precompiled
version of hfsutils found at:

ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/contrib/unix/hfsutils-patched-01.tar.gz

There may be newer versions out there. You will have to install hfsutils
with the installer, but after that you should be able to mount your Mac
partition under NetBSD. Then, you don't have to mess with MacOS anymore
;->

Mark

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:

> How do you transfer the sources from the Mac partition to a UNIX partition?
> Use the Installer?
> I take it that they are cated, unzipped and untared after the transfer.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan Killoran

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!