Subject: Re: 840AV ethernet probs
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Tibor Pausz <pausz@stud.uni-frankfurt.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/19/1997 16:56:41
>> Now I am try to setup the ethernet connection, if it's supported by the
>> generic 32 kernel.

>You could try:
>
>cd /etc
>echo "/dev/sdXa	/	ffs	rw 1 1" > fstab

This kills the complete fstab, are you sure?

>echo "/dev/sdXb	none	swap	sw" >> fstab
>echo "kernfs	/kern	kernfs	rw 0 2" >> fstab
>echo "/dev/sdXe /y1	ffs	rw 1 3" >> fstab
>
>and so on..

No file matches /dev/sdX* .

And the swap is fixed - the system is booting.

My /etc/fstab

/dev/sd0a  /     ufs    rw 1 1
/dev/sd1b  none  swap   sw 0 0
kern       /kern kernfs rw 0 0
proc       /proc procfs rw 0 0

I have the sys.tar.gz from arch.... if I have to compile my own kernel I
would do but typing config doesn't work.

Also a system boot I can't see any echo ae0 or anything else which looks
like ethernet. Only with the NuBus ethernet card the kernel saw the card
but false to intialize it and freeze.