Subject: Re: ethernet problem
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/19/1997 10:27:30

>> My SE/30, which has been running well for a few weeks, has started giving
>> me the following error when I boot it.
>>
>> ae0 at nubus0: address 00:40:10:00:61:61, type Ethernet A-Series, 32KB
>>memory
>> ae0: length does not match next packet pointer
>> ae0: len 0000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 curr d1 next 00 stop 80
>> ae0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 65280
>>
>> The NIC seems to work ok, but I'm bothered by whatever it is that changed
>> to produce this error.
>>
>> Does anyone have any thoughts?
>
>I think it's that you're now using the ethernet interface under MacOS.
>
>As Allen mentioned, you can ignore the message. I think the problem's that
>the interface was in the process of receiving a packet during boot and/or
>probe.

So disconnecting the network at the time of booting would eliminate the
problem, and also be completely unnecessary, eh?

Thanks,

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614