Subject: Re: Boot hang on vx
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/19/1997 06:35:47
On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:

> Everythin goes fine on my vx until I try to boot. It gets to the copyright
> statement and hangs.
> Looking at the FAQ, I have done the following:
>
> 3.8 NetBSD/mac68k doesn't boot on my machine. It hangs. What do I do?
>
> Verify this checklist before going any further:

** Snip verification **

> Any ideas?

See my previous message and the suggestion to use a "current" kernel. The
1.2.1 distribution did not add any new "features" over 1.2. As I
mentioned, there are a lot more Mac models supported in the current
distribution over 1.2.1. This includes the Centris 650 that I am writing
this message on.

I wish the FAQmaster (hint, hint Colin) would strongly urge new
users/installers to install the current snapshot rather than the
distribution binaries and kernel.

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/