Subject: Re: Boot problems on IIci
To: Bernard Davison <bernard@geko.net.au>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/18/1997 02:05:19
As indicate in the FAQ, the root file system is mounted read-only when
you boot single-user.  Booting multi-user remounts the file system for
read-write, as well as mounting other file systems, if any.

Please check the FAQ first!  :)

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Bernard Davison wrote:

> HI all,
>         I've just installed NetBSD 1.2 onto a IIci 4 Mb RAM and it boots
> all right but the root file system only ever mounts 'read only' I've also
> tried to boot from a zip disk with the same results.
>
> I cannot find anywhere that I can change this in the booter app.
> It dos it in single user mode to.
>
> does anyone have a solution.
>
> Thanks in advance
> bernard.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |