Subject: Re: Problems with MacBSD on a Quadra 700
To: Andy Sinesio <andy@imaginet.com>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/17/1997 11:20:15
Hello Andy!

I'm using NetBSD/mac68k on my Q700, and it works good.

> I've created an A/UX Root&Usr partition, ran mkfs on it, created a 30 meg
> swap partition as well.
>
> I installed all the files, and built the devices several times.

I've reported about 3 or 4 Month ago, that there is something missing
in the installdoc.

After you have installed etc/ it is a good to go to the minishell and
typ "force fstab".
It took me three days to find this error!
That's why I suggested to change the doc, but I think it has not
changed. (I don't know who is responsible for the installdoc)

> When I run the booter and boot the system (after configuring the booter
> as far as I know).. the booter displays some numbers, then a quote, and
> then the entire screen goes white and NetBSD begins to boot.  It displays
> a whole bunch of system information, then, near the bottom it gives me
> this error:
>
> ARGH!! No boot device????

Sound like a bad etc/fstab

But you need also a different kernel.
I use the madhatter#30 or higher, but I think the new generic-kernels
will work, too.

Hope that helps,
bye
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/