Subject: Problems with MacBSD on a Quadra 700
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andy Sinesio <andy@imaginet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/16/1997 13:57:38
Hey all -

I'm trying to get NetBSD 1.2 to work on my Quadra 700 with 8 megs of RAM
and a 400 meg internal hard disk.

I've created an A/UX Root&Usr partition, ran mkfs on it, created a 30 meg
swap partition as well.

I installed all the files, and built the devices several times.

When I run the booter and boot the system (after configuring the booter
as far as I know).. the booter displays some numbers, then a quote, and
then the entire screen goes white and NetBSD begins to boot.  It displays
a whole bunch of system information, then, near the bottom it gives me
this error:

ARGH!! No boot device????

Then it spews out some more crap and I eventually get a "db>" prompt.
This is the debugger, I believe.  I type in "continue" to continue
itself to mount root" or something.  Then, it freezes and I have to turn
off the computer and turn it back on again.

Any clues?  I'd really like to get MacBSD running!  If it would help I
could record exactly what it says during the boot process.

Thank you.

Andy Sinesio