Subject: Re: NetBSD on Duo 230 and PB520
To: Aaron F Godfrey <fgodfrey+@cmu.edu>
From: Dave Thurstan <dave@myrddyn.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/15/1997 02:39:37
Aaron F Godfrey wrote:

>     Hi - I was wondering what kernel I should use to boot NetBSD on a
> PowerBook Duo 230.  I was looking through past messages and couldn't
> seem to find it...
>     Also, is there any new news on the LC040 bug?  I have a PowerBook
> 520 that I'd like to get going also, but last time I tried, most
> programs still dump core....
>
>                                                     Thanks, Forest

Yes, there is a specifically compiled kernel available.

I use it on a Duo 210, but it also works on the 230 and 280.

You can get it from:

       http://shimura-www.cs.titech.ac.jp/~daishi/daishi-e.html

I sometimes had trouble connecting there, but made it eventually.
I there are some other places you can get it, but I'll have to dig. Give
us another shout if you do have problems getting it and I'll see what
I can come up with.

Cheers,

Dave