Subject: RE: Connecting UPS to a mac....
To: Philippe Laliberte <arsphl@oeil.qc.ca>
From: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/14/1997 11:06:50
On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, Philippe Laliberte wrote:

> On 12-Jun-97 David A. Gatwood wrote:
>     >
>     >We just got a UPS (finally) for the Foreign Language Department's Linux
>     >box (PowerMac/Linux, technically, but it's a mac), and I'm trying to
>
>         This is probably a really dumm question, but, your not trying to setup
> a serial connection on a PCI mac Using MkLinux, are you? Otherwise you
> effectively should be able to work it up with a cable. I don't have specs for
> it, but you should be able to find them. I had acces at some time to a BBS who
> was using it on a Mac. I don't the details tho, and the guy who runned it has
> since desapered.

Oops.  Replied to this w/ the wrong account, and the linux list'll bounce
it....  (expletive deleted)

No, it's running linux-pmac.  On the other hand, I would suspect that
simple things like handshake checks would work, even under MkLinux, since
people are at least able to do short sessions (non-ppp) in some cases.
Handshake line checking is a lot simpler than high-speed i/o....  :)
Don't know for sure though.

David