Subject: RE: Connecting UPS to a mac....
To: Philippe Laliberte <arsphl@oeil.qc.ca>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/14/1997 10:51:25
On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, Philippe Laliberte wrote:

>     >
>     >We just got a UPS (finally) for the Foreign Language Department's Linux
>     >box (PowerMac/Linux, technically, but it's a mac), and I'm trying to
>
>         This is probably a really dumm question, but, your not trying to setup
> a serial connection on a PCI mac Using MkLinux, are you? Otherwise you

No, linux-pmac.  (Although I _think_ mklinux, with it's half-dead serial
driver on PCI, could probably handle this, since all it is is handshaking
checks, much simpler than high-speed i/o. :)

Later,
David

|David A. Gatwood                    "My Head or my Heart...  that is   |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu               the question. To be or not to be   |
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu                   is but a trifle."         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |