Subject: X and dt not working under -current
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles Sebold <pretender@macstore.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/1997 12:18:57
As everyone may remember from Paul Goyette's post on May 25 (and many
subsequent posts between Paul and Jason Thorpe), X and dt were not working
with -current.  As far as I can tell, they still aren't.  Does anybody have
a patch for this?  Any progress on a fix?  Everytime I see something
video-related getting supped, I compile a new kernel, and still nothing is
working.  (One week ago, I asked this question, but didn't hear from
anybody.  Sorry to disturb you again.)

On another note, I am putting together a few of the packages I've compiled,
but I was wondering if I could get a tip from some of you old-timer
package-compiler-distributors out there.  The best (and most likely to
work) way I've found to package the things I've compiled is to do this
before one would usually type "make install":

tar cvzf xv-3.10a.tar.gz xv-3.10a/
         [where xv-3.10.a is the directory I compiled xv in, and
xv-3.10a.tar.gz is the file I'll be distributing]

Then when you download that and "tar xvzf" it, all you have to do is go
into the source directory and type "make install" yourself, assuming you're
not missing any static libs (which I believe xv would be, actually).

Of course, with all the object files and what-not, these packages are huge.
Is there anything to be done (or any tips to make it easier) other than
looking at the Makefile and deleting all the files that aren't in "make
install"?

If anyone's interested, I've already started the archive at
http://bronte.macstore.com/pretender/netbsd.html

Thanks in advance for any help.

I                                             I
I Charles Sebold, Pontifex Macintosh          I
I CWW Computers, Inc.                         I
I 2497A Adie Rd.                              I
I St. Louis, MO  63043                        I
I WWW:   http://bronte.macstore.com/pretender I
I                                             I
I            La compagnie c'est moi.          I
I                                             I