Subject: Re: x is selecting screen stuff on it's own
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James W. Abendschan <jwa@jammed.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/12/1997 13:35:02
On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Rick Hawkins wrote:
> I think i can rule this out.  All of the systems which have xhost access
> also have physical access limited.  There's only two other grad students
> who would have the knowledge to do this, and popping up naked women
> would be moe their style (mouse-down, upp thre, mouse-up would not seem
> to be a high-payoff prank, anyway; unlikely to be even noticed).

ps, lsof, or tcpdump should be able to detect this for certain.

> also, noone has access (at all) to start a process on this machine; even
> with the host issue, could they still write?

Yup; if you allow a host access via xhost then that host can completely
control your X session.  Conversely, Xauthority only allows people with your
"magic cookie" to connect.

James

--
James W. Abendschan           jwa@jammed.com            http://www.jammed.com/