Subject: Re: disklabel help!
To: sandro marrone <dad.coni@iol.it>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/12/1997 09:28:49
At 3:09 PM 6/12/97, sandro marrone wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have another time destroyed my disk.
>
>My disk was unlabeled becouse when I tried do this even the disk was destroyed.
>
>Few day ago I have posted here a message for problem with some files, then
>I have deleted corrupted files and reinstalled them.  All right for some
>day but again other files have been corrupted, so I think that problem is
>that the disks (2) are unlabeled an try another time to do this, reading
>carefully man page, but... niet!

More likely the SCSI driver doesn't like your machine.  There are two
drivers, the ncrscscsi and the sbc driver.  Whichever one your kernel uses,
try a kernel with the other.

Disklabel is not supported in the usual manner on MacBSD.  Instead the
Apple partition map is read and a fake disklabel is constructed from it.
Consequently you cannot use the disklabel commands you list to change it.