Subject: disklabel help!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: sandro marrone <dad.coni@iol.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/12/1997 15:09:39
Hi

I have another time destroyed my disk.

My disk was unlabeled becouse when I tried do this even the disk was destroyed.

Few day ago I have posted here a message for problem with some files, then
I have deleted corrupted files and reinstalled them.  All right for some
day but again other files have been corrupted, so I think that problem is
that the disks (2) are unlabeled an try another time to do this, reading
carefully man page, but... niet!

At reboot Mac68k Booter 1.9.5 stops saying unesixtent partition -1 and
Apple HD SC Setup 3.0.1 (A/UX) say that "This disk is uninitialized, or its
partition map has become invalid".

My system is:

- Mac LCII 8Mb ram
- 1 HD PLI - PL52 Turbo - QUANTUM LP52S 9505094
- 1 HD Apple - 40SC - QUANTUM P40S 94-40-94..
- netBSD current, GENERIC#30

I have do this operations on PL52:

# disklabel sd1 > /label
# pico /label
- edit it. Minor changes: name, adding partition c: (unused - entire disk space
           - offset 0, fsize=0, bsize=0, cpg=0,  Cyl. 0*- 768*-),
           modified partition a: fsize=4096, bsize=8192, cpg=16.
# disklabel -R sd1 /label  - no message from kernel
# disklabel -R -r sd1 /label - no message again.

All seem ok, but at reboot stops.

Help!

Sandro Marrone

ROMA - ITALY