Subject: Re: Q840 AV
To: Tibor Pausz <pausz@stud.uni-frankfurt.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/1997 09:15:13
[ppp Q]

> Can I run the serial port at 115kBits with my Quadra or even faster? I
> want to connect a ISDN TA to it and forward the IP packets with IP NAT to
> my other Macs.

Are you talking about an 840AV or a different Quadra (I've forgotten if
you started the tread or you're following up on a pre-existing thread)?
I'm not sure how well we're supporting the AV's right now (I'm sure
I'll find out! :-)

If the serial ports are fine, then I can send you a patch to the kernel
source which will let you run bot 115k and 230k on the serial ports.
It's not in the main distribution as I'm not sure if 020 or 030 based
macs will survive that fast a rate.

We don't yet support DMA on these beasts yet... :-(

Take care,

Bill