Subject: Re: Third time's the charm...
To: Jesse Swensen" , "NetBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Francis Peter <francisp@innet.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/1997 21:56:57
Hi,

>>At the moment I'm looking for some information on how to set-up a NetBSD
>>server for:
>>IPNAT, NETATALK and COLOR X. At the moment my WWW, FTP, SMTP - POP3 and
>>DNS servers are working in NetBSD.
>
>I would like to do the same thing, but am having little success.  I am sure
>it is due to my lack of knowlege.  I have tried to compile my own kernel to
>include netatalk, but every time I do, I get dropped into the debugger and
>it ends up messing up my whole hard drive.
>
>Anyway, I would like to work with you if I could, and maybe between the two
>of us we could get it to work.
>
>What Web Server are you using?  POP3?  How do you have them configured?

I use apache 1.1.3 from www.apache.org.
To start httpd use the option -f configuration-file
where configuration-file is the pathname of httpd.conf for me it is:
/usr/local/httpd/httpd -f /usr/local/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
My POP3 server is from Qualcomm at
ftp.qualcomm.com/quest/unix/servers/popper/
To start pop3 check /etc/services. It should have a line like the one
below; if not add one
pop3    110/tcp       # POP version 3
check /etc/inetd.conf. It should have a line like the one below; if not
add one
pop3    stream tcp    nowait   root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/sbin/in.pop3d

>So, how can I help????
>
>Jesse

Francis Peter                     e-mail internet: francisp@innet.be
Beverijstraat 8                                    francisp@knoware.nl
B 9180 Moerbeke-Waas                   CompuServe: 100073,1633
Belgium                           Phone +32 (0) 9 346 67 94