Subject: Video card problems.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/1997 10:05:33

     I have been using my Toby Frame Buffer card in my Quadra 700.  Well as
     you may remember, I have video sync problems with the card and Color X
     (It scrambles my screen upon loading color X).  I read that others
     were having better luck with the Apple High Res Display card.  Well I
     got out my apple High Res card and put it into my machine.  I started
     the Booter App (Version 1.10 but get info says 1.9.8) and selected
     Boot Now.  The app then crashes with a error type 10 and then it gives
     you a single option to Restart.  Any Ideas??

     I also tried another apple card, the only Identification on it says :
     '820-0600-A Macintosh Display Card 670'   this card actually starts
     the boot process but it fails somewhere around video initialization
     with a bunch of debug info.  After rebooting with my Toby Card, it is
     impossible to boot Netbsd unless I go into the filesystem with the
     installer and replace the kernel with a fresh version.
     Does anybody have a clue what is going on? Sorry I don't have the
     debug info, but it is a pain replacing the kernel everytime.

     Thanks for all of your help.

                Mario Magliocco