Subject: strange things
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: sandro marrone <dad.coni@iol.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/1997 13:09:35
Hello All

I'm novice for netbsd (and in english, excuse me).

My system is an LC II 8/80 plus 1 HD 52 mb plus 1 HD 40 mb.

First question.

I've observed a strange transformation in same files.

The first time I've notated as some files in /usr/share/man/cat1 (text
files) to change in special device files, so I've reinstalled them.
This time some files in /bin also changes same.
This is the list from ls -l /bin:

This is occur (I think) after I have untarred, imprudently, some
precompiled files downloaded from an site of freebsd.  Why occour this?

The second question.

I have downloaded and installed netBSD current some days ago.
It work fine (ps also, thanks to Bill Studenmund) but at boot time the
kernel (generic#30 - 31 and finally madhatter#39 -40) give the message:

ae0 at nubus0: failed to determine size of RAM.
ae1 at nubus0: failed to determine size of RAM.
ae2 at nubus0: failed to determine size of RAM.

Technical specifications tell me that  the ethernet controller of my card is
National Semiconductor DP83932 (SONIC).

As I heard that this ethernet card is now working on some mac, why no on lcII?

Thanks in advance.

Sandro Marrone

ROMA - ITALY