Subject: Re: Third time's the charm...
To: Francis Peter <francisp@innet.be>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/1997 09:23:35
Hi,

I tackle the color X on a IIcx part, since that is what I used to run.
You will need either a color kernel or the color-video lkm kit.  Since you
have the -current binaries, I would recommend using the lkm kit.  You cna
find it at:

ftp://ctpa01.mit.edu/pub/ivanenko/macbsd

If you just want to get a kernel, you can get one at

ftp://ctpa01.mit.edu/pub/ivanenko/macbsd/old

but some programs (like 'ps') will be out of sync and will not work.  It
looks like you will need to compile your own kernel anyways to get the
AppleTalk (Netatalk) and IPNAT stuff working.

Mark

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Francis Peter wrote:

> At the moment I'm locking for some information on how to set-up a NetBSD
> server for:
> IPNAT, NETATALK and COLOR X. At the moment my WWW, FTP, SMTP - POP3 and
> DNS servers are working in NetBSD.

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/