Subject: Help Apache and the FWTK http-gw
To: None <amagill@uiuc.edu, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Carter <paul@maclincs.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/08/1997 23:45:22
Help please
the fwtk faq from  amagill@uiuc.edu says:-

If your MacBSD firewall also acts as a Web server,[ yes i am using Apache]
then make the following changes to the instructions above:

Add a www2 entery into your /etc/services file, using a port number that is
not currently being used.

so I added:-
www2            81/tcp          http    # WorldWideWeb HTTP

making the http part of /etc.services look like :-

www      80/tcp      http    # WorldWideWeb HTTP
www      80/udp              # HyperText Transfer Protocol
www2     81/tcp      http    # WorldWideWeb HTTP needed for fwtk

PC> is that OK ?

PC> but then the faq said:-

Change the 'www' label in the entry to be added to /etc/inetd.conf to www2.
Leave the www entry (if it is being invoked by inetd) untouched.

PC> but this is the line added to inetd.conf as instructed above.. now I am
lost

http    stream  tcp   nowait  root    /usr/local/etc/http-gw  http-gw

can someone tell me what I am missing here ?

TIA

Paul
PS has anyone got NAT working ?

          * Paul Carter * Administrator * MacLincs BBS *
* FirstClass System * Hayes Optima 288 vfast * 2 Lines+44 (0)1427 718950 *
         * P.O Box 10, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2TT. ENGLAND*
              * OneNet Mail:- Paul Carter,MacLincs  *