Subject: Re: m68k system calls?
To: Jude Giampaolo <jude@ruf2ece.psu.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/08/1997 15:49:53

> I know this isn't a macintosh specific issue, but I am hoping someone here
> can point me to a proper source.
>
> I am looking for the method in which system call are handled on m68k
> machines under NetBSD. I'm not looking for what a system call is, or what
> the supported system calls are. What I would like to find is how they are
> implemented, with a TRAP# or something else.
>
> Thanks to anyone who can point me in the proper direction!

Unfortunately, the only ref. I can suggest is the kernel source itself.

Places to look are in sys/kern in the syscalls stuff, and in sys/arch/
mac68k/mac68k. A grep -i syscal * in the latter revealed a lot about what
is going on, like the fact that vector 32 is used for syscalls. :-)

Take care,

Bill