Subject: Re: PowerBook Duo 280c
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/07/1997 15:51:52
On Sat, 7 Jun 1997 12:15:53 -0700 (PDT),
wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu (Bill Studenmund) wrote:
> > I have a PowerBook Duo 280c that, come fall when I finish up this
> > backpacking trip (comet.net/apptrail), I would *love* to run BSD on.  I am
> > not certain, nor can I ascertain based on
> > http://puma.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/machine-status/, if the Mac 68K
> > port will run on my system.  Any advice from anyone?
>
> I see no one's replied yet, so I'll take a stab. I really don't know
> about the Duo's, but I do know we're making more progress all the
> time, so even if the answer's no right now, it might be different this
> fall.

Isn't the 280 an LC040 machine?  If so, it can take a little while
until it's supported...

As much as I want to work on the FPE bug, I'm just out of equipment
right now.  I have only a Toshiba notebook at hand, and this is not
gonna change until this fall.  Sorry.

Ken