Subject: Re: Video mode problems.
To: None <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: John Plotecher <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1997 21:29:59
Ken Nakata wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jun 1997 19:04:12 -0400 (EDT),
> Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu> wrote:
> > >      color X windows with Dormouse#2 and it scrambled the video right off
> > >      the bat, this time I was able to quit X but then the machine froze
> > >      again.
> >
> > Sounds to me like certain registers in the Toby might be getting hit.
> > There's probably either a bug in the driver or the NuBus handling still
> > isn't quite right for the Quadra 700.
>
> I'll bet my 2 cents to the latter, since in Taras' lkm, the "driver"
> that sets the hardware registers is pulled right out of the ROM.
>
> Ken

Just for the record, my Quadra 700 runs the GENERIC #30 kernel and the
color video LKM just fine with an Apple High Resolution Video Card. I
also set the video depth in MacOS to 1-bit before I boot for a faster
console.

Hopefully that information will help you pinpoint the exact problem.

John Plotecher
jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us