Subject: Re: Video mode problems.
To: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1997 19:04:12
>      color X windows with Dormouse#2 and it scrambled the video right off
>      the bat, this time I was able to quit X but then the machine froze
>      again.

Sounds to me like certain registers in the Toby might be getting hit.
There's probably either a bug in the driver or the NuBus handling still
isn't quite right for the Quadra 700.

The best thing to do for Toby users is if somebody wrote a direct hardware
driver LKM for that card. Every bit of functionality (including hardware
panning) is mapped out in Video Toolbox. This driver would also be faster.

That's a project I'd love to do but right now I'm working on the intvid
drivers (Still working on it folks. I have an intense 5 week Java course
that took me by surprise. Keep hanging in there!)

Any takers?