Subject: Video mode problems.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1997 14:23:16
     Thanks for all of your help with my NetBSD adventure.

        My ultimate goal is to get color X running on my Quadra 700 with my
     Toby Frame Buffer card.  I can run mono X fine with the Madhatter#40
     kernel.  When I run with the color enabled Dormouse#2 mono X boots and
     operates well, but upon exiting of X my video gets scrambled.  It
     looks like the signal is way out of sync with my 13 color apple
     monitor. At this point the computer is frozen and must be rebooted
     since I can't even telnet to it.  Just for fun I tried running the
     color X windows with Dormouse#2 and it scrambled the video right off
     the bat, this time I was able to quit X but then the machine froze
     again.

     when I 'dmesg' i get this:

     macvid0 at nubus0: Toby frame buffer card
     Possible modes:  0x80 0x81 0x82 0x83
     \^H\^H\^H\^H\^H\^Hmacvid0: 640 x 480, monochrome
     grf0 at macvid0
     ite at grf0 not configured

        Any suggestions?  I have tried the color lkm but received similar
     results. Is this a conflict between the video card and onboard video.
     Should I just set up the machine as an X server and try my color x
     luck on a IIci?  Thanks for all of your help.

                        Mario Magliocco