Subject: Re: Xwindows startup problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: corbett <corbett@mtn.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1997 11:25:19
Hello.

---Geoff Roberts wrote---
I am running netBSD on a LC630 (with FPU) on an external SCSI.   The
system loads and runs OK.   The only hassle I have is when I try to run
X Windows.   After typing startx I get the following error:

Fatal server error:
can't run X server with no screens!
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

I am running in black and white and have tried both resolutions in the
monitors control panel.

Not knowing much about X windows (or Unix for that matter) I am not sure
whether this is an incompatability with the LC630 or simply an error in
myset up (I have followed the FAQ on lpconfig etc).

Well, It would seem that we are in the smae boat.

When I do startx on my IIsi+FPU, I get a couple of lines that flash by
too quick to see and the same X connection broken stuff. I, too, am
running in B/W.

What do I do?

Peter Corbett
corbett@mtn.org