Subject: Xwindows startup problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Geoff Roberts <gjr01@uow.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1997 20:57:39
Hi,

   I am running netBSD on a LC630 (with FPU) on an external SCSI.   The
system loads and runs OK.   The only hassle I have is when I try to run X
Windows.   After typing startx I get the following error:

Fatal server error:
can't run X server with no screens!
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

   I am running in black and white and have tried both resolutions in the
monitors control panel.

   Not knowing much about X windows (or Unix for that matter) I am not sure
whether this is an incompatability with the LC630 or simply an error in my
set up (I have followed the FAQ on lpconfig etc).

   Any pointers much appreciated.   Also, are there any good sites out
there that have some info on X windows and Unix?

   Thanks

   Geoff