Subject: Re: Onboard Ethernet vs Nubus
To: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1997 17:23:10
Hi,

I am not quite sure, but the Dormouse #2 kernel might have the SONIC
drivers built-in.  In any case, I am using a Centris 650 with internal
ethernet (SONIC) quite reliably.  I would try pulling out the Asante card
and see if you get a listing for sn0 when you reboot.

Mark

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Mario Magliocco wrote:

> I am running dormouse#2 on my Quadra 700 with an Asante ethernet card and a Toby
> Frame Buffer card.  I know that work has been done to get the onboard ethernet
> working and I was wondering if it is far along enough for me to forsake my
> reliable Asante (which I could use in a IIci) and just go with the onboard
> hardware.  Or should I just stick with the Asante and forget about a second
> NetBSD box.

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/