Subject: Re: Bug in Booter 1.10
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/05/1997 22:30:48
Well it isn't just your copy. I just tried to uncheck the "Auto-set GMT
Bias" check box and it would not save. I even tried unchecking it,
selecting save options&prefs, quitting and reopening it, but it was still
checked.

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Hauke Fath wrote:

> Hi Nigel,
>
> thanks for replying and sorry for being unclear...
>
> The booter (better: my copy of it ;)
>
>  a) insists on having "Auto-set GMT Bias" set no matter what I do (uncheck
> it, then save options without/with options dialog still open)
>
>  b) when I uncheck "Auto-set GMT Bias" and set the offset to, say, 0, then
> close the window and re-open it, the "Auto-set GMT Bias" is checked but the
> offset is still 0. Again closing and re-opening the dialog also resets the
> offset to 120.
>
> The Booter is called "BSD/Mac68k Booter" from 24 Apr 1997, 21h24, 83,405
> bytes, v1.9.8 as of info dialog.
>
> 	hauke
>

> At 4:24 Uhr +0200 05.06.1997, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> >> Bias". When you close and re-open the dialog the check-box is "on"; and no
> >> matter what you fill in for the bias the values are not saved with the
> >> preferences.
> >
> >	I cannot remember the code off the top of my head, but maybe that
> >is probably the way it is meant to be.
> >
> >	When "Auto-set GMT Bias" is set, the bias comes from the MacOs's
> >"Map" control panel settings, instead of the little text box.
> >
> >	If the auto-set is off, you can manually set the bias in the booter.
>

> --
> "It's never straight up and down"     (DEVO)

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain the scientific nature         |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   of the whammy." -Scully                     ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||