Subject: Wierd Mkfs behavior.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Quint <squint@flash.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/04/1997 17:21:48
I have been running the 1.2.1 distribution for about a month and everything
seemed to work fine.  So I decided to install it onto a Quantum 210 that I
previously had A/UX on.

I tried to use Mkfs after I repartitioned the disk, and kept running into:

	modesense page 4(0)
	get_DeviceInfo:

and the machine just locks up at this point, and the HD light stays lite.

When I boot from the old disk, it always says "modesense return garbage.
Using fictitious geometry" or something to that effect.  I'm guessing the
problem is that Mkfs found a real disklabel to use and is failing to read
it for some reason.

I've tried reformatting the disk, with new partitions, new drivers, new
OS... with the same result.

Help.

Steve