Subject: AAAAAAhhh!!!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Daws <simon@ngapartji.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/1997 16:07:09
Hi there,

I had a late night trying to bootup a MAC 11vx with netBSD.
What a laugh!!
Your email was in the install text, thought I'd buzz you.
Anyway Its so close but so far no good, I was wondering if you could
give me a pointer or two ?

Configuration is 11vx 20RAM, all cards removed, 14" monitor,
both Vram slots full.
Here is the text that came up as it was booting.
system ram 20971520
	low 0*0 high 0*1400000
checking for internal video mapping: PB/11vx
	(0*60600000). Does it never end..
Forcing Vram size to conservitave 1024k
 PB/11vx (0*60600000) internal video at adress 0*60b00000
(phys 0*60600000),len 0*100000
Copywright 19etc...

Thats it, the command prompt was black and unmoving, ie it hung !
Tried various configurations of VRAM and monitors and monitor cards with
slightly varying messages.
Is the video the problem?
Even tried reinstalling the kernal.

Thanyou for any assistance you could offer, even if that is to point me
elsewhere
cheers
Simon