Subject: Re: Multiuser boot hang on setting tty flags
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marius M Lonnrot <lonnrot@cc.helsinki.fi>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/1997 00:48:36
> Hello, I have a PowerBook 180c ('30) with a 1.08gb HD and 14mg ram. I'm
> using John Wittkoski's HWDIRECT.179 kernel. It doesn't work perfectly,
> but at least I can boot into single user. However, when I try to boot
> into multiuser mode, it hang on
> "setting tty flags"
>
> I know other have had this problem, but so far I haven't seen any answers.
> Can anyone help me?

I have PowerBook DUO 230 with kernel using John Wittkoski's code, and it
hangs to same line, but not always. When I changed the ttyflags command
in verbose mode it gave me this after 'setting tty flags':

ttyflags: setting flags on /dev/console to none
ttyflags: TIOCSFLAGS on /dev/console: Inappropriate ioctl for device
ttyflags: setting flags on /dev/ttye0 to none
ttyflags: TIOCSFLAGS on /dev/ttye0: Inappropriate ioctl for device
ttyflags: setting flags on /dev/tty00 to none

...and then hangs. But sometimes it goes all fine, and I don't know what
I have done different when it doesn't hang. ???