Subject: Re: Centris kernel with 1.2.1?
To: Ethan Gold <etgold@cs.vassar.edu>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/1997 06:24:30
Hi,

I am also using a Centris 650 and I can say that NetBSD runs very well.
The GENERIC-30 or GENERIC-31 kernels should work. You can find them at

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/kernels

However, you are going to find some problems.  In particular, ps won't
work properly. Version 1.2.1 of NetBSD was a bug fix release for version
1.2 and did not add any new features. Unfortunately, support for the
Centris 650 is a "new feature" over version 1.2.

What you should probably do is download the binaries from a recent
snapshot.  You can get them from:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/current-970402/snapshot

Hope this helps.

Mark

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Ethan Gold wrote:

> Does anyone have a kernel that will boot a Centris 650 with the 1.2.1
> distribution?
> Thanks!

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!