Subject: Re: Checking battery status in PowerBooks?
To: Marius M Lonnrot <lonnrot@cc.helsinki.fi>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/02/1997 18:46:20
On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Marius M Lonnrot wrote:

> Does anybody have a daemon or any tool for checking battery status in
> PowerBooks? I have PowerBook DUO 230.

Unfortunately, PowerBook support under NetBSD is truly in its infancy.
The support for the hardware that handles power management is so far only
for adb (same chip, as I understand it).

On the same note, every now and then, my PB145 hard drive seems to spin
down partially (for < a tenth of a second, so I suppose it could just be
my imagination), then immediately back up.  Never happens under MacOS.
Weird.

Since this (or possibly something else...) results in mild data corruption
(occasional failed compiles, occasional bad copies of large files), I'm
sure part of this is the NCRSCSI driver still not being quite perfect
(though it's usable and doesn't panic consistently like sbc does, nor
cause filesystem damage and give lists of "bad" blocks like ncrscsi _used_
to).  Part of it, though, is just plain strange.... Any ideas?

Later,

|David A. Gatwood                    "My Head or my Heart...  that is   |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu               the question. To be or not to be   |
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu                   is but a trifle."         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |