Subject: Re: Binutil grip (fwd)
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/02/1997 10:35:23
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997 08:57:26 -0700
 hotz@jpl.nasa.gov (Henry B. Hotz) wrote:

 > Would it really be easier to convert BSD to ELF than it would to just fix
 > the a.out support in binutils?  Gnu stuff is supposed to support multiple
 > formats, and I've heard that ELF is a complex format.

...Well, given that our shared library support hasn't _yet_ made it
into binutils (even though a good number of people want it) is probably
a good indication that it's not easy :-)

In any case, NetBSD _already_ supports Elf quite well - it's the
executable format used by the MIPS, Alpha, and PowerPC.