Subject: Re: Binutil grip (fwd)
To: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/01/1997 13:58:55
On Sun, 1 Jun 1997 16:53:23 -0400 (EDT)
 Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca> wrote:

 > with shared libs. It would be really good if we could just get rid of the
 > basterdized versions once and for all.

Our a.out shared libraries work quite well.  They're somewhat similar
to how SunOS's works, but there are a few differences.

Part of the problem is that we inherited _ancient_ tools from 4.4BSD-Lite,
and did our work there, rather than in more updated tools.

In any case, I've been playing around with Elf on the m68k as I have
time, so eventually, we'll have Elf shared libraries, and thus use
stock GNU tools.