Subject: Binutil grip
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/01/1997 03:32:22
> >back to "sizeof(struct llc)". I'd have pushed for us leaving the
> >8's in place until we got the compiler fixed (with big XXX's). Oh
> >well.

This is probably a little off topic but I'm just wondering what in the heck
is wrong with the standard GNU distribution of gcc and binutils?

The fact that we use bastardized versions of this software is the reason
a good cross-compiler setup is so hard to do. I made a serious effort at this
but I gave up after I tried compiling gas from the source tree. It just
isn't friendly to compile anywhere else but on NetBSD on the machine it's
supposed to be working on.

Is there any effort under way to get the source to work with the standard
GNU versions?

BTW, does anybody have a cross compile environment going for Power Mac
linux? If so, I will be quiet :)

Another BTW: Somebody asked me if there was a SUP for linux. I found the
source out on the net. I believe it's somewhere in the Debian Linux
distribution (disk 7?).