Subject: Life is good
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaime Kikpole <jaime@wizvax.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/01/1997 02:31:12
     Life is good.  It needs some improving, but at least its good.  :)

     I took the SIMMs out of the misconfigured IIx (they were in bank B)
and put it in the empty IIx.  (I moved machines because the "empty" one was
already wired up.)  Then I took the parity SIMMs out and put it the
non-parity SIMMs.  I took out the video card.  I left the SCSI and floppy
cables out.  It changed its boot noise to a "tinny" chime.

     Adding the video card and that adapter made a video image appear,
though it was not syncing correctly.  I'm currently tinkering with
different configurations of the dial and switches on the VGA adapter, but
at least I know that the Mac is working.  :)  Thanks ever so much!  All of
you helped out in a time of frustration.  :)

     Now to get a monitor and some HD brackets for those 80MB Quantum HDs I
have lieing around!  Woo-hoo!  Oh, I think I asked before, but does anyone
know if the X server will run on an Xceed II+ video card?  I found a source
for them, new, with multiple resolutions.  They sound like what I need for
this machine.

                                                      Jaime