Subject: Re: Strange chime and not working
To: Jaime Kikpole <jaime@wizvax.net>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/31/1997 23:20:23
On Jun 1,  1:45am, Jaime Kikpole wrote:
>      I bring this up because I'm using 3 chip SIMMs and the other IIx has
>2 chip SIMMs in it.  Do you think this would effect it?  I always assumed
>not, but I'm not finding other problems.

Yup, that would be a problem.  What happened is that the II/IIx were
designed before the design of 4MB SIMMs was finalized, and they guessed
wrong on how many rows of refresh it would take.  So anything with 4Mbit
chips (4MB = 8x4x1, 1MB = 2x1x4) or larger, needs a PAL to work in these
machines.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Travel important today; Internal Revenue men arrive tomorrow.