Subject: Re: Q610 / 15" Apple Monitor
To: Paul Carter <paul@maclincs.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/31/1997 21:34:41
Hi,

I have a Centris650 which is similar.  I believe you should be able to use
any of the recent GENERIC kernels (like 27 or higher).  They can be found
at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/kernels

There are also the Madhatter kernels designed for the Quadra/Centris
series.  They can be found at:

ftp://ftp.best.com/pub.s/sbrown/NetBSD/kernels

Note: with either kernel, you will have problems with ps and some other
commands if you are not running -current binaries.  You can get the latest
binaries at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/current-970402/snapshot

Hope this helps.

Mark

On Sat, 31 May 1997, Paul Carter wrote:

> I have my BSD system on an external drive, currently on the SE/30, which
> kernel can I use to try running on Q610 / 15" Apple Monitor ? and where do
> I get it.

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/