Subject: more Quadra 840AV woes
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gregory S. Nesbitt <gsn5262@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/29/1997 12:12:01
I'm making an attempt to get 1.2.1 to boot on my Quadra 840AV with 16MB of
RAM.  I'm using Booter 1.9.5 and the straight 1.2.1 kernel.

The system switches to console video and reports the following:

[ preserving 94139 bytes of netbsd symbol table ]
bootstrapping NetBSD/mac68k
Faked range to byte 0x1000000.
Bootstrapping the pmap system.
Pmap bootstrapped.
Moving ROMbase from 0x40800000 to 0x987000.
Video address 0x50100800 -> 0xb87800.

And then lockup.  I've disabled extensions and also tried setting the
system to 1-bit video.  No go.

The booter settings I'm using are: Single User, Extra Debugging Info, No
env dumps, Don't disable VBL interrupts on video cards, Don't bug me about
untested machine, Auto-size RAM.  Kernel location/name are set correctly.

Any ideas?

Greg

P.S. What is that raw BUZZ noise that the box emits as its switching to
console video?  Is it supposed to do that? :I