Subject: Re: CD-ROM won't work.
To: Steve Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/29/1997 01:42:50
On Wed, 28 May 1997, Steve Carlson wrote:
> I have a (very cheap) Reno Mediavision 2x cdrom that doesn't seem to work under
> NetBSD.  The drive is recognized properly at boot and the cd9660 LKM loads OK.
> I try to `more /dev/rcd0a` and the drive spins and makes noises I've never heard
> it make before but nothing happens.  Then I get:
>
> ncrscsi0: Resetting SCSI-bus (Timeout waiting for phase-change)

I dunno anything about that drive, and I dunno anything about the ncrscsi
driver either, but I do know that "more /dev/rcd0a" probably isn't very
useful :) However, it shouldn't give you that error either...

But have you tried mounting the CD? "mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt"
Then "ls /mnt" if it works... chances are it'll give you that same
message, but maybe it'll actually work :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++