Subject: Compiling the kernel
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jesse Swensen <jrs@pagesz.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/28/1997 08:35:23
First, a big THANKS to all those who have responded to my newbie questions.
Now on to the business at hand.

I downloaded sys.tar.gz from netbsd.org.  I then extracted all the files.

Q:  Do I need all the different platforms in the arch directory?  I assumed
the only ones I need are mac68k and m68k, correct?

I then (following the howto) run config GENERIC.  This quickly produced an
error about not finding the std.mac68k file.  So I edited the include path
and got past that error.  Now I get "../../../files:7: syntax error".  I
have looked at this file but lack any insight as to what may be wrong.  Any
Ideas?

Also, I have created a GENERICNAT config file that I want to add netatalk
to and to customize for my SE/30.  Besides the processors, what other
options might I consider disabling?

Thanks for your patience,
Jesse

Jesse Swensen        111 Vashon CT.       (919) 481-3480 (home)
jrs@pagesz.net       Cary, NC  27513      (919) 481-3363 (FAX)

       "Intel Inside" The worlds most used warning label.