Subject: And now, the moment we've all been waiting for...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/1997 23:27:43
It might be a tad premature to announce this, as I've already had the
modem hang up on me once already, but as it's 80 percent complete, and
it's getting late and I want to go to bed...

There's a new build of NetBSD/mac68k-current on eskimo in the usual
location:  ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/w/wormey/netbsd/

While the binaries appear to be copacetic, I'm not too sure about the
kernels.  This is what I've put in the README in my kernels directory:

------------

The latest kernels are from sources supped May 24, 1997.

The WORMHOLE and NFS kernels are no longer supplied, NFS mostly because
it's no longer needed (GENERIC has NFSSERVER turned on), and WORMHOLE
because I don't have the disk space for it.

SBC is like GENERIC, but uses the sbc SCSI driver instead of ncrscsi.  I
have bumped the SBC version number considerably, to sync it with GENERIC.

WARNING:  I cannot get dt to run with these kernels.  My old reliable
version from Feb 1995 causes the kernel to panic with a jump to zero
trap, and a freshly built 1.1.5 version just gives me blank screens.

If you're brave, you can try it; I'm running with a May 11 kernel, and
except for the kvm library mismatch, it seems to do well.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>