Subject: Re: Netatalk
To: Jesse Swensen <jrs@pagesz.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/1997 12:12:30
> I made an attempt to install Netatalk, but due to a lack of any practicle
> experience I failed.  Does anyone have it installed and be willing to tell
> what you did?  Is there already a binary tar ball ready to go?

Uhm, what did you do? How did it fail? What kernel are you using?

You need to be able to compile your own kernel, as I don't think any of
the generic kernels have Netatalk compiled in.

You need a working Ethernet card.

You need to be running a very current snapshot (like the middle of
May) as there was a compiler bug which touched Netatalk, which was
recently fixed.

Then just get the netatalk source from ftp://toccata.fugue.com/
pub/netbsd-atalk/beta2.970XXX and compile it.

The netatalk docs decribe how to set it up.

Take care,

Bill