Subject: Updated NCRSCSSI still don't work
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <a.fowler@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/1997 16:18:09
I've finally had the chance to try GENERIC-30 (which I think has the
improved NCRSCSSI driver in it.)

I hate to break this too any of you who thought it was fixed. It isn't.

My 80MB Quantum still starts to throw up the old core dumps that it used to
(more.core, ls.core, tcsh.core, and occationaly even shutdown.core)
after it's been running for a while.

I rebooted into generic-30 from GENERICSBC-9 and the 1.2 distribution binaries,
and it seemed to be working fine, but after a couple of hours doing things
I got a core dump on more again as in the days before I found the SBC driver

What's the state on things NCRSCSSI? Has -current got any more recent
improvements?? I could possibly get a kernal compiled c.o. my brothers
Quadra610.

Otherwise I'd be more than happy to test any new Kernals, or run a test
program if someone sends me one.

	TTFN,
			Andrew.