Subject: Re: Apple EtherNet NB Card #3
To: Kawasak! Yuusuke <ariakira@creator.club.or.jp>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/1997 08:29:42
> nubus0 at mainbus0
> sn0 at nubus 0 address fc:00:05:fa:ff:ff

This does not look like a valid ethernet address.  I think we're not
getting that address from the right place.  I am not sure that we are
even looking for the registers in the correct place.

> But when I use the Ethernet, like telnet from another machine,
> he said suddenly and endlessly:
>
> ----
> sn0: unexpected interrupt status 0x7fff
> sn0: receive descriptors exhausted
> sn0: receive buffers exhausted
> sn0: receive buffer area exhausted
> sn0: receive FIFO overrun
> [...]
> Did I have to do other processes when using the card?

No.  The support for that card is not yet complete.  If you would like
to help, that would be nice.  I was working with someone else on trying
to support this card, but he seems to have lost interest.  If you would
like to help, that would be great!  It should not be too hard to get the
card working.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com