Subject: PPP / procfs help!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kupie Cone <mhickey@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/26/1997 21:04:37
Ok, so I am having to problems that I cant deal with, or find in the
FAQ...

1) When I type 'ps' for processes, I get this error:
'proc size mismatch (3060 total, 648 chunks)'

The numbers change...
I can run processes just fine, but I cant se'em to kill 'em.
I am using a Mac IIsi, with 17 megs, no FPU, and the GENERICSBC-31
kernal.  I also have the non-FPU libs installed.  Oh, and the disk drive
is the Syquest EZ135 drive.  SBC-31 is the first kernal is the first one
that hasnt totally trashed my file system.  I like that.

2) PPP with PAP fails.
My ISP pretty much requires PAP.  I am using the PPP scripts supplied in
colins faq, with the changes for PAP (an added pap-secrets file with '* *
password' in it - and the login area of ppp-chat removed)
This is my /etc/ppp/options file: (I have tried it with +pap as well...)

crtscts
defaultroute
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
user mhickey
netmask 255.255.255.0
disconnect /etc/ppp/ppp-down
debug kdebug 1

When I connect, I get a handshake, and plenty of send receive action, but
I get the error 'bad protocol 820' and 'bad fcs 8997' the number after fcs
changes.  I forgot the syntax, but the error mentioned 'ppp0' as well.  If
I include 'passive' or 'silent' in the options file, I get no error, but I
also get no connection (and no sending or recieving happens)
Ideas?

Thanks for your help!

bluntly krunk this. short
horde decadently yell lapse
you'll put your eye out!

Matt "red, sad, happy" Hickey
jpolk@101001.com              __o    |
Portland, OR                _'\<,_   |    (mental block)
(503) 788-6902             (*)/ (*)  |
                                 ^^^

** Haiku courtesy of Silicon Graphics  (http://lavarand.sgi.com) **